Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally. , , someone with the chutzpah to tell the truth!

"I'm 34-years-old, and I'm Canadian, and I'm one of the most protective of the American Songbook. I find myself reminding a lot of journalists in the U.S. that this is the greatest gift America ever gave the arts. I'm not putting down contemporary artists, but how many songs by these contemporary artists do you think anyone will give a shit about. . .? Do you think in 30, 50 or 90 years, a kid will sit with his grandpa and. . .? [recites] 'My hump, my hump, my lady lumps' [Blackeyed Peas]
. . .Grandpa, don't you just love this shit?' I don't think so. . .."---Michael Buble (expletives and all) on this week's BBC program, Live from Abbey Road

Will Barack Obama kindly give this guy the Presidential Medal of Freedom for services rendered to true American art!

No comments: