Saturday, April 05, 2008

Dick Noel 2008

A couple of days ago my friend, singer Dick Noel, sent me a for-friends-only CD on which he artfully sings along with downloaded karaoke tracks. I guess that, even though he's fully and happily retired, he still can't stay away from the old microphone.

For those of you unfamiliar with Dick's story, let it be said that as a foremost jinglemeister and group singer his voice is surely one of the most widely heard of the last century. I recently had the pleasure and honor of sheparding the Japanese release of his magnificent 1978 solo album with pianist Larry Novak. You can read a bit more about Dick and the CD here.

These days, Dick doesn't just sound simply good for an octagenarian, but flat-out great for any age. No transposer-down he. Here's one of the tracks. I'll post some more later on in following weeks.

4 comments:

Willow said...

I bought the Dick Noel CD on your recommendation, Bill, and it is superb. Anyone who enjoys a great ballad singer should get it.

Thanks for all of your work to help people learn about great singers, Bill.

Dave Seely said...

Thanks: It's great to hear Dick still sounding so good.
Dave Seely, Tech.Dir. Tenn. Ernie
Show. (1963-1965)

Anonymous said...

Dick sang at my Dad s hotel in Akron Ohio in the 50 s....and I followed his career.. He sounded great on the post..I also have the cd...
Blake

Bill Reed said...

Blake: Dick would love to get in touch with you. Can you email me at drchilledair@yahoo.com